AIR-SHIELD Self-Adhering Air/Vapor & Liquid Moisture Barrier
- Lead Time: Tenet Stock Item
- Barrier Type: Low Permeability
- Length: 75'
- Low permeability
- Provides a complete above-grade air, vapor, and water barrier on a variety of construction materials
- Modified membrane is flexible at low temperatures
- Self-sealing around fasteners and no flame required Low temperature version also available
- Service temperature: -40°F to 158°F
- Exceeds the requirements of the Massachusetts Commercial Energy Code for Building Envelope Systems, Meets CAN/CGSB-51-33, Type I Water Vapor Permeance Requirements and ABAA Section 07 61 Self-A
W.R. Meadows AIR-SHIELD is a self-adhering air/vapor and liquid moisture barrier that is part of W.R. Meadows system to complete the building envelope. The controlled 40 mil thickness is fabricated from cross-laminated polyethylene bonded to specially modified asphalt. It provides excellent adhesion to prepared substrates of precast concrete, cast-in-place concrete, masonry (concrete block), interior and exterior gypsum board, Styrofoam, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, primed galvanized metal, drywall, and plywood.